1. A serious message from the Authors of Soul Mate Publishing http://youtu.be/xDsabUwY_vE #kindle #books I worked hard on this homemade video. I hope you’ll take a gander! This video sucked away about ten hours of writing time What non-writing/work projects are sucking up your time?
2. Still Christmas shopping. I started early, but when I looked to see what I had it wasn’t as much as I thought. Going into panic shopping mode. This is difficult as I am the queen of indecision! How’s your shopping going? This is the first year I’ve shopped this far from Christmas. It was supposed to relax me, and make Christmas easy, but so far no dice.
3. I’ve got my latest hero and heroine inches from the clinch and every time I sit (or walk) down to seal the deal, I suddenly find something more important to do, like laundry.
Hope you’re enjoying the season!
As the year ends, I’ve been thinking about beloved shows that ended this year, taking with them characters I’ve come to love.
Some I had only just met and actually were cancelled a few years ago, but I met them this year on Netflix and will miss them in 2014 just the same.
1. Michael Weston: the bogeyman for many a Russian spy on Burn Notice, Mrs. Weston, Sam Axe, Fiona, and Jesse go with him. He always had a plan and pulled his friends from the fire (he’d probably threw them into) every time. I will never think of Miami again without thinking of him. Jeffery Donovan made him real for me.
2. Nate, Sophie, Parker, Eliot, and Hardison, the mastermind, grifter, thief, retrieval specialist, and hacker from Leverage. I discovered this show on Netflix and have been holding off on watching the last two episodes for a month because I don’t want it to be over.
3. Chuck, Casey, Morgan, Sarah, Ellie and Devon(Awesome) of Chuck. Funny, sweet, and full of action, this is another Netlfix find I wish I could go back and watch again for the first time.
4. Ethan Mara and Devon Daughtery, you haven’t met them yet. They’re the hero and heroine of my latest novel, ENTITY MINE, due out Feb/Mar 2014. I had great fun with my shape shifting hero who got stuck in between forms and believed he was a ghost and the lawyer turned medium who fell for him.
What about you? What great characters did you meet in 2013?
Who will you miss?
I get great pleasure from television (though I watch things either DVRed or on my computer for the most part.)
I’m an addict really, so I started wondering a while ago, what is it about a show that makes it really click for me?
Some of my favorite shows are: Supernatural– two brothers fight monsters as they cross the country in their 1967 Chevy Impala, Psych– A man and his best friend pretend to be a Psychic detective agency and solve crimes, Burn Notice– A burned spy and his friends help people while probing the mystery of his “burning.”
I have a lot of other favorites, but as I wrote out these top three, I realized, what I really like is the tight bond all of the characters show with each other–how they work together.
They’re light shows. They have emotional moments, but for the most part, episodes end well with the danger at least temporarily dealt with.
There is humor and adventure in all of them.
And there is a set of moral lines that the characters color inside, even though some of the time, they find themselves on the other side of the law.
But the main reason I watch is for the characters themselves. A character I can get behind gets me every time.
How about you? What shows do you like and what draws you to them?