So what’s distracting me this week?
1. Conference! On Tuesday, I preserved through Romance Writers of America’s perpetually overwhelmed servers to register for the National Conference which is in NYC this year!
2. Even though it’s like my twentieth year of going to the conference, I always meet new people, and learn something new (or something I knew, but forgot.) This year, I may not be flying to conference though because we may be moving.😳
Moving should be easy at my age, but with life up in the air, I’m pretty overhwelmed.
3. Still, after a few days of panicking, I got back to work and am currently am on Chapter Twenty-Five of revsions to Her Sexy Beast (The Chimera Chronicles 6) I can’t believe I’m finishing up the sixth book in the series! I only have one more brother to go.
Here’s a snippet from today. Remember it’s a work in progress and will be edited.
He glanced at Thalia. The look in her eyes told him she could also hear the intruders. Neither one of them flinched when the heavy knock came, but Thalia’s eyes flared red, revealing her tension and he felt his dragon surge again. Clearly, it gained power from his emotions. He breathed deeply, trying to stay calm.
Thalia sighed. “I’m going to drop the barriers and open the door. Can you stay human?”
He nodded, hoping it wasn’t a lie. >>
Coming May 2019 from Soul Mate Publishing!
4. Meanwhile, I looked around at everybody’s shiny, pretty FB covers and logos and decided to get to work on some of my own. Below, is my new banner. Unfortunately, when I downloaded it to my FB page it looks all dark and murky. Nothing like technology to make you feel like an idiot.
5. Puppies! It’s Basenji puppy season. That means a trip to my breeder’s house to play with the babies. Puppy breath! Little pink feet! Ears that can’t decide whether to stand up straight or flop over. Snuggles and licks and nips and hair pulling. Basenji puppies are too cute!
What shiny things are distracting you this week?
I hope you’re staying in this area, even if you’re moving, and I hear you re stress over it. Kitties are distracting me, wanting to play. Tonight I’m supposed to be working on the novel, and I am, sorta. I’ve got laundry going, and as early as it is (8:30 pm) I am yawning like it’s midnight, so, hey, why not hit facebook, oh, look, a Karin post…. I’ve got a short essay to proof for a group anthology (I’m doing one piece every other night); I’m reading the Golden Heart pieces I was assigned….. I have no idea why I’m moving so slowly on my edits. Good luck on yours!
Thanks! You have a lot on your plate! I confess sometimes I seek the shiny things as I get in part of my ms. I want to do really well because it matters so much to me. I don’t think I’m the only one, either.😊
I second the hope that you are not moving far. You and Nikhil have been great friends. I’m almost to Chapter 16 of “The Lion’s Share” and still enjoying the series. Several things are distracting me but I couldn’t call them “shiny”. Most of them are already on Facebook so won’t list them here. The biggest one is that I can no longer use my work computer to write during break and lunch hour even though files are one memory stick. The Word app on my iPad won’t allow editing off-line and carrying laptop is cumbersome. So be it.
Glad you’re liking Lion’s Share! I love a good bank robbery movie. Thanks, about the move.😊 Facebook is definitely a distraction. I’ll be working and a notification will pop up. I’ve tried to turn them off, but they still show up. What word app are you using?